Apparently, I’m not as terrible at Illustrator as I thought

Here’s my revision plan!

My peer reviewers thought that my document was fairly strong. They were a lot more complimentary of my Illustrator drawings than I expected, and they said that everything looked nice. One of them did say that I should add white borders to the smaller images on my cover to make it look more like a tabloid, and I plan to do that as soon as possible. I’d been worried about contrast, and that fix solves that problem while enhancing the tabloid effect. I was a bit unclear about my intended audience, since my original story is for children, but I added adult elements. My group helped me to narrow my audience to adults familiar with the fairy tale. I am also adding an advertisement to the end of the document. I’d been toying with the idea, but my group members made it clear that that would really strengthen the document, so now it’s a priority. As of right now, my top priority is finishing the document, as I still have three two-page spreads and an ad left to do. I think that I will have time to make the revisions, since the ad is already in my plan and the white borders will only take a couple minutes to add. I’m planning on more InnovationSpace marathons this week and the week after break to make sure that everything gets done.

My project is not online, but here are some screenshots of my work! I’ve spent over 12 hours working on this so far, and I’m limited by InnovationSpace’s hours, so please don’t judge how much I have left to do. I’m going right back at it after my lunch today! Also, this computer won’t download my fonts properly for whatever reason, so that’s why a lot of them look awkward and have red highlighting. I promise they work when I do them at InnovationSpace, and I’ll make the pdf from there.

Screen Shot 2014-11-19 at 10.46.15 AM

Screen Shot 2014-11-19 at 10.46.32 AM

Screen Shot 2014-11-19 at 10.46.43 AM